Royse Law Firm
Silicon Valley, California
Roger Royse, the founder of the Royse Law Firm, works with companies ranging from newly formed tech startups to publicly traded multinationals in a variety of industries. Roger regularly advises on complex tax structuring, high stakes business negotiations, and large international financial transactions.
Roger is the author of Dead on Arrival: How to Avoid the Legal Mistakes That Could Kill Your Startup and sits on the boards of advisers and mentors several funds, accelerators and tech companies and takes an active role in the strategic planning decisions of his clients.
Roger has been a participating instructor of corporate law for the Center for International Studies (Salzburg Austria) and is an adjunct Professor of Taxation (Property Transactions and International Taxation) for Golden Gate University School of Law. Roger is the founder of the philanthropic organization “Team Motion to Dismiss Cancer” which conducted high profile auctions of meetings with venture capitalists to raise money for charity and has been recognized for his efforts on behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by being named the 2012 San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Man of the Year.
Royse Law Firm is a full-service firm with offices in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Orange County, Santa Monica, and Beijing. We frequently work with growing technology startups, multinational corporations, and investment funds. Whether you are preparing for an important one-time transaction or require ongoing support, our experienced attorneys can provide strategic, yet affordable, legal assistance.
Area of Practice
Legal: Corporate, Opportunity Zones
Professional Work Experience
Roger is active in leadership roles with several bar associations, including the following:
- Chair of the Committee on Tax Practice Management of the ABA Tax Section;
- Member of the ABA Task Force On Tax Legislation (2018-2019);
- Fellow of the American College of Tax Counsel;
- California State Delegate to the ABA House of Delegates;
- California Co-Chair of the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation;
- Vice Chair, Agricultural Law Committee of the ABA Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division;
- ABA Business Law Section Liaison to the ABA Section of Taxation;
- Past Chair of the Taxation Committee of the ABA Business Law Section;
- Past Chair of the Tax Policy and Simplification Committee of the ABA Tax Section;
- Past Chair, Tax Policy, Practice and Legislation of the State Bar of California Taxation Section; and
- Past President of the Palo Alto Area Bar Association.
Roger is the author of Dead on Arrival: How to Avoid the Legal Mistakes That Could Kill Your Startup.